Sunday, June 10, 2012

2012 USA State Pageant - My Farewell & New Title

Today I helped with the state pageant and relinquished my title of Junior Teen Miss Georgia. As I reflected on the last year, I realized how much I have grown as an individual. Not only have a gained self-confidence, but I have also realized how important it is to give to your community. My appearances have helped me gain a heart for public service, and I am thankful for the opportunities my title and my pageant director, Lisa Phillips, gave me to be more involved.

At the pageant I was crowned USA's Ambassador for 2012, so I will be able to continue to represent the pageant system through community service in the Suwanee and surrounding areas.

I enjoyed being the emcee for the Junior Teen division and congratulate all of our 2012 queens. I also want to thank all of my sister queens from 2011 who made the year both enjoyable and memorable.




Courtney Carlan, USA’s Junior Teen Miss Georgia
Final Walk Speech

Being a part of USA Pageants has been a wonderful experience that I will surely never forget. When I first entered the pageant, I wasn’t expecting to make such an impact on my community. Being Jr. Teen Miss Georgia gave me the opportunity to make a difference. During my rein I made many appearances that I will never forget. One of my most memorable appearances was my visit to the PACE Center, an alternative school for girls, where I had the opportunity to talk to the girls about bullying. Throughout this year, I have learned so much and have met so many people who are now like my family. Even though my rein is over, I will always consider Lisa and Victoria and the other reining queens a part of my family.
I would like to thank the pageant director, Lisa, for giving me this opportunity and for always making me feel like I was a part of her family. Also, I would like to thank my mom for always taking me to my appearances. Finally, I would like to thank my Dad, brother, Wesley, and close friends for believing in me and always being supportive of everything I do. I am so blessed to have been Jr. Teen Miss Georgia 2011, and I wish the best for the 2012 queens! Remember to use your crown to make a difference.

A special thank you goes out to last year's ambassador, Kasey Marshall who introduced me to the USA Pageant system, partnered with me in many appearances, and continues to be an amazing friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment