Friday, May 4, 2012

Gwinnett Relay for Life

Kasey and I participated in the Gwinnett County Relay for Life Event; Kasey as a volunteer and member of the Sycamore ES team, and myself as a member of the North Gwinnett High School team. Because I was representing my school on this night, I chose not to wear my crown or sash. I realize now, just because I wasn't wearing my pageant gear doesn't mean I wasn't representing my title. Because USA pageants promote service and leadership, everything I do is a reflection on my title and the pageant system. In my year as USA's Junior Teen Miss Georgia, I have worn my visible and invisible crown proudly. Each day I have done my best to be a role model to other girls, to display the morals and values of a leader and to truly make a difference in the world.

If you would like to make a donation or see mine and Kasey's contributions to RFL, click on the links below.

Courtney's Site http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12SA?px=26263982&pg=personal&fr_id=39714

Kasey's Site http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12SA?px=28376471&pg=personal&fr_id=39714

Kasey holding a luminar prior to the friends & family walk.
Courtney's Relay Team

No comments:

Post a Comment